Sunday, January 17, 2010

Crunk Internship Stipend

Driving back to school tomorrow, classes start Tuesday. Wow.

Winter break really did fly by. But looking back, it was probably the best winter break...of my life. Yep..that seems right. New Years was a blast, for the first time ever. Usually New Years Eve becomes my most depressing day of the year. However this year I had the house to myself and, being 18, accordingly got crunk. Nothing big, just a few friends over- played Apples to Apples, Rock Band, raved, and took bunches of fun pictures. Hopefully I'll never have to go back to those lonely NYEve's of lonely self-reflection.

The Smithsonian internship was really really great. The work itself was pretty tiring (in that it could get quite dull) but the people and, well, just the fuckin location made it blissful. So, I've decided to apply for this new research internship they're starting in the summer. Sure, it'd zap most of my summer time buuuut hello connections, experience, references, and a $5,000 stipend! Yeah, I'm all over that. With my recent experience over winter break plus my sponsor's recommendation, I think I have a great chance of getting in. *crosses fingers*
Unfortunately, that adds another application to my table of worries. But this one is due very soon, and not the same time as the other one. Yeeeah that UVA app...ugh. I finally started it though, about half an hour ago, ha. Just filled out the easy simple stuff, but at least that's something. On the down side, it reminded me how tedious and unpleasant these things go, and that is really not good for my procrastination problem. Looovely.

Ah well. I'm feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment