Friday, October 16, 2009

Oh the wonders of facebook...

So, remember said amazing weekend from a couple of posts ago?
Well that particular amazingness began on my train ride to NJ. This guy, hereafter to be called "Train," sat down next to me and we started with some little chit-chat which grew into talking for the entire 3-hour train ride. Sadly, I got off the stop before him and then he didn't ask for my number/give his number/mention facebooking/etc, and I thought that was it and I would just have this nice memory of meeting a great guy on the train.
Fast forward to today, sitting in my most pointless class, bringing up facebook, and, surprise! I have a message from Train. I have no idea how he found me on facebook, I don't remember giving him my full name. Though I guess it is possible since my first name is slightly unique and I told him I'm at GMU.
So, now I have his number and I'm awaiting his reply to my reply.
At the very least, I'm predicting we'll be good friends. But I'm hesitant if it should progress more than that... He's somewhat significantly older. I know he's in grad school now to become a lawyer, and I'm only a freshman undergrad. Maybe 5-6 year difference? Hopefully no more than that.
Also, drumroll...
I represent the ultimate definition of a virgin:
To avoid embarrassment, I count my first kiss from second grade because otherwise, I've only been kissed briefly in a spin-the-bottle.
I've never been on a real "date."
Basically, the farthest I've ever experienced romantically is that I've been asked out a couple of times. Literally only a couple though. And the guys were gross.
Why do I bring this up?
I highly doubt Train is even close to being a virgin. Would I want all these little firsts to be with him? I may be getting ahead of myself, but, being an 18-year-old virgin, I think about my predicament A LOT. Basically, I'll just have to see how things go...

On another note, well not completely, it's connected, anyway, Tina Fey is now my new hero. On Letterman a couple of days ago it was brought up that she was a virgin until she was 24. 24! That makes me feel so much better. She's pretty! funny! smart! And she was a virgin until 24. And clearly not by some religious choice (she emphasized, "I couldn't give it away!").

No comments:

Post a Comment