Wednesday, October 28, 2009

All Water All The Time

I believe it was two days ago that I decided to adjust my eating habits. Well, really drinking habits, but non-alcoholic kind of drinking. Basically, all water all the time. I'd already drastically changed my drinking habits when I moved to college without even trying. They only have coke products here so all I've been drinking has been either water, orange hi-c, fruit punch hi-c, and lemonade. Amazingly, I eliminated soda from my diet without making the conscious decision to do so.

The decision to take it the next step occurred to me pretty randomly.
My skin has been frustratingly not-clear for what feels like the past forever. I use some neutrogena scrub or whatever, but the results aren't very drastic. I'm hoping that an end to drinking flavored sugar water with each meal will help clear it up a bit. I'm not expecting a cure-all or anything, though wouldn't it be nice?
Another motivator is a friend. A year or two ago she completely stopped drinking soda and she dropped I believe it was 14 pounds. Sure, for all I know she drank five cans a day, but it is a nice thought.

I don't know how long I will keep this plan up. Honestly, I don't like drinking water. Sometimes it's refreshing after a long, hot day but otherwise, it's not appealing to me. Also, I think it tastes gross without ice. I don't understand how that works, I just know that's how I taste it. Ha
Wish me luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment