Monday, December 7, 2009

NMNH Internship

Big news! I got an internship at the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History to complete over my winter break! So in January I'll come back up to DC and stay with at my Aunts house, metro-ing over each morning. I was so excited I actually emailed my family about it. My dad's response was really nice, but then he mentioned how my Grandmother would be so proud of me.

Instant tears.

She died over a year ago and, clearly, it still affects me. I loved her so much and she has influenced who I am in such a large amount. I didn't even realize that until she passed. Basically, she instilled my love of movies. Anyone who knows me, knows that's BIG.
And I know my dad is right. She would have been ecstatic. She loved DC and everything history. I hope that, wherever her soul is, she can still see how my life is going and be my guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment